Awards open for business!
Nominations for an annual awards scheme which celebrates businesses across Hambleton are now open.
The Hambleton District Council awards’ scheme is sponsored by Federation of Small Businesses and Dales of Thirsk, recognising the range and diversity of businesses in the district, their achievements and those of the people who work for them in eight categories:
- Apprenticeship Champion – for an apprentice funded through Hambleton District Council who has developed most in the role,
- Best Customer Service – for the business who puts its customers first,
- Innovation – for the business demonstrating most innovation in marketing, design, manufacturing or performance of services
- Engaging Young Minds – for the business most engaged with schools and education in the area
- Hambleton Champion – for the business which has championed Hambleton as a place to do business
- Independent Retailer of the year – for the best independent retailer
- Networking Group – for the best networking group that offers support and advice to its members
- Legacy – awarded to a family business in Hambleton that has left a legacy in the area for the future
Nominations close on 29 May with judging running up to the awards ceremony on 6 July.
Councillor Mark Robson, leader of Hambleton District Council, said: “These awards are a great opportunity for us to celebrate the achievements of the businesses in the area. It’s a great chance to highlight some of the people and businesses here in Hambleton and this we’re moving to a new venue, The Forum in Northallerton, for the ceremony to ensure everyone can enjoy the event. Nominate businesses and individuals within a business – we need everyone to nominate their favourites and encourage others to do the same.”
Nomination forms are available on Hambleton.gov.uk/ business awards.
For more information contact Julie Hutton, Business and Economy Officer, Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org 01609 767186.
Cllr Mark Robson and Alina Harland pictured at Alina’s Florists Thirsk who won an award last year