Local MP gets a taste for ‘mouth-watering’ Stokesley Food Week
Rishi Sunak, MP for Richmond, is showing his support for Stokesley’s second food week by officially launching the event on Friday September 30th.
Following the success of the first ‘Stokesley Food Week’ last year, business owners and residents in the town have organised even more events to celebrate eateries, food producers and retailers from across the local area.
The event will run from October 1st to the 8th and will showcase the wide variety of restaurants, cafes, pubs and other food-related businesses in the market town.
The food week has been organised by Stokesley Parish Council with the support of local businesses and the York, North Yorkshire and East Riding LEP and will provide visitors with a range of activities and special food-related offers.
On Saturday October 1st, a series of activities will take place at the monthly Stokesley Farmers’ Market- itself named the best farmers’ market in England in 2014- including pop-up food demonstrations by well-known local chefs, cocktail-making sessions, special promotions and tasting opportunities.
Throughout the week, restaurants, pubs, shops cafes and takeaways have a host of offers* and discounts and on the final day, Saturday October 8th, Stokesley will host a ‘Free Sample Saturday’ event with businesses offering free tasters of various foods and drinks.
Rishi Sunak said: “I’m delighted that the success of the first Stokesley Food Week has led to the second event and I am really pleased to be involved in helping to launch the week. Stokesley has some great cafes and restaurants and some equally good suppliers of excellent food and drink. It’s a sure-fire recipe for a mouth-watering seven days.”
Stewart Brennan, parish councillor, said: “The support we have had for this year’s Stokesley Food Week has been brilliant. Thanks to last year’s event and the tremendous success of the Tour de Yorkshire in Stokesley, there’s a real demand for more events that the local community and visitors to our town can get involved with. We’re really looking forward to the week and hope people come along and take advantage of the fantastic offers.”
Keep up to date at https://www.facebook.com/StokesleyFoodWeek/
*Offers as part of Stokesley Food week include: –
- Chapters’ Deli- 10% off food during food week
- The Mill- daily promotional offers
- Howard’s- free tea and coffee refills
- Panda- 10% off evening meals and free Chinese tea samples
- Thomas the Bakers- 10% off any artisan breads
- Sharman Wines- £10 off cases of wine
- Stokesley Diner-by one meal get one free or family meal deal for £15
- Spread Eagle- order 2 mains and get a starter free
- Newboulds- daily offers
- Chapters’ Hotel- 20% off the new menu
- Co-op- 5% to the customer and 1% donated to community when buying Co-op branded products if a Co-op card holder
- Stokesley Butchers- rump steaks £6.50 per lb